Crusher Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this Crusher training course the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their
responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their
- Be able to locate and identify how to use the remote control.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Identify and maintain appropriate PPE.
- Safely mount and dismount the Crusher.
- Start and stop the engine, belts, feeder, jaws / hammers safely.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Explain the different types of Crushers, the advantages and disadvantages of using and
how they crush the desired material.
- Communicate with loading operator establishing agreed signs, desired product size and
- Carry out an emergency stop / Safety precautions
- Carry out crushing tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for
crusher transportation and Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.