Excavator 360 Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this Excavator 360 training course of training the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their
responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Excavator used.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out
- Carry out excavating tasks.
- Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers.
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground.
- Fit and remove attachments.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.