Lorry Loader Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this Lorry Loader training the trainee operator will be able to answer
questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook and other sources of
information, regulations and legislation applicable to the particular machine to be used.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and loader crane and
explain their functions.
- Be able to locate and identify all operating controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open
and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry
out lifting duties.
- Correctly deploy the stabilisers according to stated manufacturer’s specifications.
- Comply with all requirements for Rated Capacity Indicators or Load Moment Indicators.
- Identify weights and centers of gravity of loads to be used.
- Carry out lifting operations using the full capabilities of the loader crane.
- Position loads accurately at designated locations including onto and from the vehicle.
- Identify, fit and remove various attachments and lifting accessories as appropriate.
- Minimise load swing and ensure load security on the vehicle.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.