Material Re-handler 360 Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this Material Re-handler training course the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open
and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry
out processing tasks.
- Carry out processing task.
- Load material onto transporting vehicles, containers or processing plant.
- Fit and remove attachments.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures