MEWP Boom Cherry Picker Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of the MEWP Boom (Cherry Picker) training course, the trainee operator will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to
be used, and be familiar with other types of information sources and relevant legislation.
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Check all emergency lowering functions.
- Safely mount and dismount the machine.
- Configure the machine for travel.
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely on level / rough ground and
inclines in open and confined areas.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry
out accessing tasks.
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height.
- Travel with platform raised (where applicable).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.