Moffett Training – Introduction
Moffett Training is approved by the National Plant Operators Registration Scheme (NPORS) and (RTITB) which fully complies with the recommendations of the Approved Code of Practice for the Training of Fork Truck Operators.
On completion of this unit, the candidate will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. Rating plates, and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for site and road travel.
- Travel the over different types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines, both with and without a load.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, both with and without a load.
- Set up the forklift in order to lift various loads.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport Loads
- Lift various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Mount and dis-mount the vehicle mounted lift truck to and from the hoist vehicle.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the forklift in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.
1 – 5 Days depending upon experience
1 instructor: 3 Students: 1 Machine 80% Practical: 20% Classroom