Overhead Crane Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of This Overhead Crane training course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Set up exclusion zone.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for overhead crane use.
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and
- Prepare the overhead crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures.