Banksman (Vehicle Marshall) Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of this Banksman (Vehicle Marshall) training course the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of
working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Banksman (vehicle marshall).
- Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle / machine to
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different
forms of communication.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshall duties.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading.
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind
areas” safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures.