Road Roller Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this Road Roller training the learner will be able to answer
questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions.
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Roller use.
- Prepare the Roller for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Environmental considerations.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures.