Course Details Shunter
It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the trainee operator will be able to answer
questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as an operator.
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Shunter Vehicle use.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area.
- Prepare the Shunter Vehicle for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently.
- Attach and set trailers ready for operation.
- Environmental considerations.
- Transport and uncouple Shunter Vehicle attachments.
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures.