Slinger Signaller Training – Course Details
It is envisaged that by the end of this Slinger Signaller training course the learner will be able to answer
questions on and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and
their responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller.
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to
relevant regulations and legislation.
- Be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting
- Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions.
- Be able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non-serviceable
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads.
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Slinger / Signaller use secure various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location using different
methods of communication.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all out-of service and securing procedures.